Standard COBRA Services
Sterling Health Services Administration offers a complete package of COBRA services for set-up and administration. We also offer optional services for an additional fee.
COBRA ADMINISTRATION TAKEOVER AND SET-UP SERVICES
- Work with former administrators to migrate QB information to Sterling, or provide a migration spreadsheet or individual forms to employers.
- Mail COBRA information to current qualified beneficiaries, including premium payment coupons.
QUALIFYING EVENT SERVICES
- Prepare and mail the election package and enrollment form to each new qualified beneficiary.
- Send separate election packages and enrollment forms to dependents, if necessary.
- Track COBRA election timelines and election payments.
- Issue HIPAA certificates to each qualified beneficiary.
- Provide participants with premium payment coupons upon election of COBRA.
ONGOING ADMINISTRATION SERVICES
- Receive and track all COBRA premiums in accordance with applicable grace periods.
- Notify qualified beneficiaries of partial payments, returned checks and non-sufficient funds ACH drafts and appropriate conversion opportunities.
- Mail Notice of Termination of COBRA continuation coverage to qualified beneficiaries upon voluntary or involuntary termination of COBRA.
- Issue a HIPAA Certificate to each qualified beneficiary upon termination of COBRA.
- Send the General COBRA Notice to new participants.
- Provide online account access to qualified beneficiaries, allowing them to check the status of their payments and due dates.
- Forward one check to the plan sponsor on a monthly basis representing all premiums received for the applicable month of coverage. Sterling will also offer electronic funds transfer (ACH) in lieu of checks, if preferred.
- Provide detailed monthly reports of all COBRA activity to the plan sponsor and online account access to view reports at any time.
- All aspects of additional administration associated with ARRA (American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009) are included in the ongoing administration services.