Healthy choices deserve rewards. In the long run, healthy choices lower healthcare costs. That’s why Sterling SIA has created a proprietary program called Sterling HealthAssets™ to reward health plan subscribers for doing the right thing. Sterling HealthAssets is a subscriber account funded by several sources based on specific health related behaviors:
- Sterling SIA funds the account when employees complete an annual wellness goal set jointly by Sterling and the employer.
- Employers can fund the account, if they choose, based on specific goals they set for employees.
- Ventegra, our pharmacy benefits management partner, funds the account in the form of drug rebates for prescription drugs that are rebate eligible and purchased by employees.
Sterling HealthAssets account funds are administered by Sterling SIA and held at Citizens Business Bank. Even if an employee terminates employment, Sterling SIA will continue to administer the account, but will no longer contribute to it. Funds are:
- 100% vested to the employee
- Portable so employees can take the funds with them, if they change jobs
- Used for any purpose or just saved for future needs
- Rolled over year after year, if unspent